Medieval Irish and Welsh Legends about the Finding of the True Cross - Edition with an Analysis of Sources and Literary Contexts
The Finding of the True Cross (Inventio Sanctae Crucis) is a widely known legend which was very popular from late antiquity on. Even at the beginning of the 20th century it was recognised as historical fact that Helena, the mother of Constantine, found the True Cross of Christ in Jerusalem in the 4th century. My dissertation project will deal with an critical edition of the medieval Irish and Welsh versions of the legend and will show their connection among each other and to possible Latin originals from which they were translated. Additionally, a known Hiberno-Latin version of the Inventio will be edited, too. For the purpose of analysing and comparing the sources and literary contexts the Old and Middle English und Old Norse versions will be taken into consideration also.
- "Judas, His Mother and the Cock That Lived - Three Anecdotes from the Leabhar Breac" in: Allerlei Keltisches: Studien zu Ehren von Erich Poppe - Studies in Honour of Erich Poppe, Berlin: Curach Bhán Publications 2011, pp. 97-104.
- "Medieval Irish Words for Narrative/Narration," at the 14th international Congress of Celtic Studies, Maynooth 2011.
- "'From mark up to look up' - Die Anwendung von XML in der Kodierung lexikographischer Informationen, at the Colloquia Indologica, Philipps-Universität Marburg, February 2nd 2010.
- "Übersetzungsstrategien im Mittelalterlichen Irland am Beispiel der
Kreuzfindungslegende," at the keltologisches
Kolloquium, Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelmsuniversität Bonn February
- Together with Axel Harlos: "Scél Saltrach na Rann and Do
Fhádbail na Croiche – Two Perspectives on Jews and Hebrews
in Leabhar Breac," at the 1. International Celtic Studies
Postgraduate Seminar 2012, Philipps-Universität Marburg,
August 18th 2012.
- Gérard Cornillet, Wörterbuch Bretonisch-Deutsch. Deutsch-Bretonisch, Hamburg: Helmut-Buske Verlag 2006 (3rd ed.), in: Keltische Forschungen 4 (2008), pp. 258-260.
- International Celtic Studies Postgraduate Seminar 2012 at the Philipps-Universität Marburg, Agust 17th-19th 2012. Together with Julia Damm, Claudia Zimmermann, Jan Niehues and Axel Harlos.