The Welcome Centre is designed to help international academics, researchers, scientists, and other university-related professionals to make a smooth transition to life in the city of Marburg.
Our services include:
- Creating a network among researchers at the university
- Support with pre-arrival planning
- Information on visa issues
- Assistance with accommodation
- Help with finding child care
- Assistance with complying with all formalities upon your arrival and during your stay in Marburg
- Guidance with municipal administration
- Organization of events for international researchers (family members are also welcome to attend any event, of course!)
More information on:
- Visa requirements
- Registration formalities
- Health insurance
- Child care
- Opening a bank account
- Important addresses
We have also prepared a checklist for visiting researchers.
For more information about the Welcome Centre's services, please download our information brochure.
The Welcome Centre is open at the following times:
Monday through Thursday 9am – 12pm and by appointment
Our offices are located on the 2nd floor of Biegenstrasse 9. Or contact us with your enquiries: email@example.com
If you are interested in a study program of the Philipps-Universität Marburg, please get in contact with Referat für Internationale Studentische Angelegenheiten.
If you plan to receive a doctoral degree from the Philipps-Universität Marburg, please complete this form for international PhD-students online.