The IUSP is a fee-based program.
Program Fee for one semester: € 5,350
This divides into
€ 2,100 for tuition, including:
- Language course (120 hours)
- German History and Culture course (56 hours)
- 2 seminars (48 hours each) of your choice
- Conversation class (36 hours)
€ 3,250 for room, board etc., including:
- Course material for the intensive German class
- Cultural program (Weekend trips: Hostel, breakfast and guided city tours are included in the program fee.)
- Meal subsidy (comes in the shape of a cafeteria debit card, charged with € 50 per month) Please note that we do not have a meal plan!
- Semester administration fee including ticket for free public transport
- Local bus pass for the time before the validity of the semester ticket
- Accommodation (single room in one of our student dormitories, plus cleaning fee. If you do not need accommodation through us, we deduct € 800 from the program fee.)
Partners of Marburg University: There are special conditions for students from Partner Institutions of Marburg University with student exchange agreements. Please contact your International or Study Abroad Office.
- Travel expenses
- Meals and beverages
- Personal spending
- Refundable deposit for your dormitory room of up to € 250* (can ONLY be paid in cash)
- Health insurance
- Fee for the issuing of a student visa (appr. € 100 - cash only) and the required biometric photograph (€ 10 - cash only)
- Additional seminars (€ 200 - Non-refundable if student chooses to drop the class again after more than two sessions)
- Class literature if not provided as copies/library books
- For Partner students staying for two semesters: dormitory rent
between two IUSP semesters (€ 330)
*The key deposit, which must be paid on the day of arrival, will be refunded when you have returned your room keys and your room is left in an orderly manner.
Please make sure that you have enough cash with you to cover the first few days in Marburg, including some money for food and beverages. Please note that foreign currency CANNOT be exchanged at the banks here in Marburg!