Clear Goal – Captivating Outline – Confident Delivery
Ort: Philipps-Universität Marburg, MARA, F|05, Deutschhausstraße 11+13, 1st floor, seminar room 01.0010
Dr. Constanze Armbrecht
This seminar develops vital presentation skills for confident scientific paper and poster presentations, conference lectures and scientific discussions. You will learn how to clarify your intentions, explore the audience’s needs and expectations and create a stringent outline. The course will guide you in choosing words of power, creating dynamic narrative and enhancing the clarity of your visual support. It also focuses on developing performance techniques that involve body, voice and stage presence. You will create a short presentation of your choice (approx. 5 min.). A video recording of your presentation will provide you with direct feedback about your performance.Intended Learning Outcomes:
- You know how to define your communication intentions and align with the audience (trainer input, partner interview, question-grids).
- You put to use tools for organizing a persuasive outline, goal-oriented content, and effective narrative (trainer input, five-sentence-method, exercises).
- You are able to explore means for clarifying your visuals and handling questions well (guidelines, exercise to apply a model).
- You know how to optimize body language and use of voice (trainer input, exercises, personal video analysis).
- You employ methods to relax and anchor confidence (exercises).
Please note that this is not an English language course. Proficiency in English at the B2 level of competency is required.
April 21, 2017, 9 am–5 pm, and
April 22, 2017, 9 am–5 pm
Doctoral candidates and postdocs from all disciplines
Maximum number of 12 participants
Intern 50 €
Extern 150 €
At firstname.lastname@example.org, deadline April 6, 2017
Doctoral Program for Life and Natural Sciences
Phone: 06421 28 21303