The entire application process occurs via the University of Kent. Please visit their website for further information.
- Honours degree, or equivalent, with good standing. Preferably in Politics, Government, International Relations, International Studies or European Studies or in a cognate discipline in social science (e.g., Geography) or humanities (e.g., History). Students from other disciplines will be considered.
- Applicants whose first degree is from a German university must hold one the following qualifications: Diplom; Erstes Staatsexamen; Magister Artium; Fachhochschuldiplom; Bachelor; Bakkalaureaus at levels gut or sehr gut. The new Bachelor is regarded as equivalent to a UK Bachelors (Honours) and Magister/Master to the UK taught Masters.
- A formal certificate of proficient English is required for applications from non-English speaking countries. Please visit the University of Kent’s English Language Requirement Website for up to date information.
- Academic Qualifications/Transcripts: If you have not yet completed your degree, please send an interim transcript (a list of all the modules/courses you have taken with the mark achieved for each). Once you have been awarded your degree we will require a final transcript and a certificate confirming your overall degree classification. For the purposes of application a copy of your transcript is acceptable, however, you will need to show us the original copy upon registration.
- Two Academic References: All references must be in English. Both references need to be submitted before a decision on the application can be made. Following the online application, your referee will be sent an automated email requesting a reference. Digital references are accepted, provided your referees use their institutional e-mail account. Physical copies, printed on official letter-headed paper with a signature, must be submitted additionally.
- Further Documents: Certificates, samples of academic work, and other like documents are recommended and encouraged to be attached during the application process.