Master Thesis Procedure
- Applications for the master thesis at the Research Group for Innovative Value Creation Concepts should be handed in during the previous term.
- The deadlines are the 15th September for the winter term, and the 15th March for the summer term.
- Exceptions to this rule may be possible should you wish to write your master's thesis outside regular term time.
The master thesis can be written in either English or German.
You need to have attained all necessary requirements as defined by the examination office. Information can be found here.
Time & Scope
The master thesis should be completed within 6 months. It should not be longer than 80 pages.
- The available topics for the master's thesis can be found here.
- You are welcome to suggest your own topic. This would be examined for academic relevance and scope during the co-ordination phase with your tutor.
- Master theses that are written in co-operation with business partners also need to be checked first by your tutor. Please await your tutor's approval before sending a confirmation to the business partner.
The following diagram represents the master thesis workflow:
- Send all your application documents (letter of motivation stating field of interest, transcript of records, CV and, if applicable, your own topic suggestion) to Marianne Hock at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will accept or reject your application within 2 weeks.
- The first meeting will allow us to coordinate the topic and to advise you on possible ways to approach your research question
- You are then asked to write a proposal
- After the final confirmation you can hand in your application form at the examination office (Prüfungsamt)