Dr. Friedhelm Nonne
The Chancellor is a member of the university executive board and is responsible for the management of the university administration in accordance with its statutory guidelines.
In consultation with the University Senate and on the recommendation of the President of Philipps-Universität Marburg, the Chancellor is appointed for a term of eight years.
- 1975-1981: Studied pedagogics, philosophy and protestant theology at Bonn University
- 1990 : Doctorate in educational sciences at Bielefeld University
- 1986-1991: Specialist advisor at the German Research Foundation office in Bonn. Duties and responsibilities: Supervision of the Collaborative Research Centres as well as involvement in the development and implementation of support programmes for graduate schools.
- 1991-2005: Head of the science and university department of the Hessian Ministry for Science and Art in Wiesbaden. Duties and Responsibilities: Institutional support and funding of non-university research institutions, university structural planning for engineering sciences / computer science and medicine / natural sciences, graduate support programmes, European research support and funding programmes, evaluation procedures and reporting systems at university level, as well as co-ordination of university budgeting systems.
- Since May 2005: Chancellor of Philipps-Universität Marburg.
Membership of Committees outside the University
- Chairman of the administrative commission of the Hessian Scholarship Foundation
- Chairman of the supervisory board of the Marburg Student Union