Welcome to Economics of the Middle East Research Group!
||Address||Recent Journal Publications
Middle East Economics
Contact us /
Economics of the Middle East team
Why study Economics of the Middle East at the CNMS?
- You need a solid knowledge of economic structure and institutions of the MENA in order to understand the political transformation of the MENA region.
- You benefit from rich pool of interdisciplinary and regional language courses at the CNMS besides economics.
- Due to its quantitative, interdisciplinary and international orientation, our study programs equip students with necessary analytical and empirical skills which will open new windows of job opportunities in international public and private think tanks, and research institutes.
What are our main areas of research interest?
- Economics of political transformation in the MENA
- Informal economy and illicit trade
- Political economy of demographic transition
- Political economy of natural resource management
- Political economy of conflict and violence
- Political economy of remittances
- Political economy of sanctions
Our networks within Philipps-Universität Marburg, we are…
- …a research group at the CNMS
- …affiliated to School of Business & Economics (FB02)
- … member of the „MACIE - Marburg Center for Institutional Economics“
Our regional and international networks
- CESifo Research Network
- Economic Research Forum (ERF),Cairo
- International Iranian Economic Association (IIEA), London
- Verein für Socialpolitik
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us.