Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Eyke Hüllermeier
Head of the Computational Intelligence Group
|Office room||05 C 04
*The general prefix for the phone number is "+49 (0)6421-28". To get the correct email address, please add ".uni-marburg.de" .
Eyke Hüllermeier was born in 1969. He holds MSc degrees in mathematics and business informatics, both from the University of Paderborn (Germany). From the Computer Science Department of the same university he obtained his PhD in 1997 and a Habilitation degree in 2002. He worked as a researcher and teaching assistant in the fields of computer science (artificial intelligence, knowledge-based systems) and statistics at the University of Paderborn and the University of Dortmund. From 1998 to 2000, he spend two years as a Marie Curie fellow at the IRIT -- Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse. Prior to joining the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Marburg University as a full professor, he held a position as an associate professor in the Faculty of Computer Science at the Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg (2004-2006) and as a Juniorprofessor in Marburg (2002-2004).
Co-Editor-in-Chief of Fuzzy Sets and Systems (Elsevier)
Member of the editorial board of several international journals, including
PC Co-Chair of DS-2013, 16th Int. Conf. on Discovery Science, Singapore, October 6-9, 2013.
Area Chair of ECML/PKDD-2013, European Conference in Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases, Prague, September 23-27, 2013.
PC Co-Chair of SUM-2012, 6th Int. Conf. on Scalable Uncertainty Management, Marburg, Germany, September 17-19, 2012.
Area Chair of ECML/PKDD-2012, European Conference in Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases, Bristol, UK, September 24-28, 2012.
Area Chair of AAAI-2013, 27th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Bellevue, Washington, USA, July 14-18, 2013.
Area Chair of AAAI-2012, 26th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Toronto, Canada, July 22-26, 2012.
General Chair of IPMU-2010, 13th Int. Conf. of Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-Based Systems, Dortmund, Germany, June 28 - July 2, 2010.
Area Chair of ICML-2010, 27th International Conference on Machine Learning, Haifa, Israel, 2010.
Board member of EUSFLAT (European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology).
Coordinator of the EUSFLAT working group on Machine Learning and Data Mining (DAMI).
Head of the IEEE/CIS ETTC Task Force on Machine Learning
Co-organizer: Workshop on "Preference Learning: Problems and Applications in AI" at ECAI-2012, Workshop on "Preference Learning" at ECML/PKDD-2010, Workshop on "Preference Learning" at ECML/PKDD-2009, Workshop on "Uncertainty, Knowledge Discovery and Similarity in Case-Based Reasoning" at ICCBR-2009, Workshop on "Uncertainty and Knowledge Discovery in Case-Based Reasonin"g at ECCBR-2008, Workshop on "Preference Learning" at ECML/PKDD-2008, Workshop on "Uncertainty and Fuzziness in Case-Based Reasoning" at ICCBR-2007, Workshop on "Uncertainty and Fuzziness in Case-Based Reasoning" at ECCBR-2006, Symposium on "Fuzzy Systems in Computer Science 2006", Special Session on Ranking, Multi-Label Classification, Preferences at GfKl–2005, Special Track on "Fuzzy Methods and Models in Learning from Data" at FUZZ-IEEE-2004, KI-2004 Workshop on "Soft Computing for Information Mining"
- "Fuzzy Logic in Machine Learning". International Symposium on
Computational Intelligence and Design, ISCID-2012, Hangzhou, China,
- "Learning from Label Preferences", 14th International Conference on Discovery Science, Espoo, Finland, October 2011 (jointly with J. Fürnkranz).
- "Fuzzy Logic in Machine Learning", 10th Brazilian Symposium on Intelligent Automation, Sao Joao del-Rei, Brazil, September 2011.
- "Fuzzy Logic in Machine Learning and Data Analysis", 4th International Conference on Fuzzy Information and Engineering, Amol, Iran, October 2010.
- "Fuzzy Rule Induction and Related Problems: A Case for Genetic Search?", Fourth International Workshop on Genetic and Evolutionary Fuzzy Systems, Mieres, Spain, March 2010.
- "Fuzzy Pattern Trees for Quality Assessment: Conception and Model Construction", International Conference on Integrated Systems, Design and Technology, Siegen, Germany, June 2010.
- "Preference Learning, Ranking, and Similarity Retrieval", Eighth International Conference on Flexible Query Answering Systems, Roskilde, Denmark, October 2009.
- "Learning Valued Preference Structures: Toward an Alternative Decision-Theoretic Framework for Machine Learning", Lernen-Wissen-Adaption, Darmstadt, Germany, September 2009.
- "Preference Learning", EUROFUSE Workshop Preference Modelling and Decision Analysis, Pamplona, Spain, September 2009.
- "Fuzzy Logic in Machine Learning", IFSA/EUSFLAT-2009, World Congress of the International Fuzzy Systems Association, Lisbon, July 2009.
- "Graph-Based Modeling and Algorithms in Structural Bioinformatics", Workshop Algorithmen und Komplexität, GI Jahrestagung 2009, Lübeck, October 2009.
- "Fuzzy Logic in Machine Learning", 30th Linz Seminar on Fuzzy Set Theory, Linz, Austria, February 2009.
- "Credible Case-Based Inference Using Similarity Profiles", International Conference on Case-Based Reasoning, Belfast, Northern Ireland, August 2007.
- "Learning by Pairwise Comparison: Classification, Ranking, and
Related Problems", Dutch-Belgian Conference on Machine Learning, Ghent,
Belgium, May 2006.
- "Preference Learning", French Conference on Fuzzy Logic and Its
Applications, Toulouse, France, October 2006.
- "A Systematic Approach to the Assessment of Fuzzy Association Rules", Workshop on Alternative Techniques for Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Brighton, UK, November 2004,
- "Fuzzy Methods in Knowledge Discovery", 8th International
Conference on Computational Intelligence, Dortmund, Germany, October
- "Fuzzy Logic in Machine Learning". International Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Design, ISCID-2012, Hangzhou, China, 2012.
Member of PC: IJCAI-2013 (SPC), ICML-2013 (SPC), EUSFLAT-2013, IFSA-NAFIPS-2013, SSCI-2013, NIPS-2012, IEEE ICDM-2012, ICML-2012, ECAI-2012, IEEE CIBCB-2012, IDA-2012, FUZZ-IEEE-2012, SDM-2012, SMPS-2012, PAKDD-2012, FOIKS-2012, ICPRAM-2012, CIKM-2011, GFKL-2011, DS-2011, IDA-2011, ECSQARU-2011, KSEM-2011, EUSFLAT-2011, FUZZ-IEEE-2011, AAAI-2011, SSCI-2011, IICAI-2011, FQAS-2011, ECG-2011, SUM-2011, ICNC-FSKD-2011, EUROFUSE-2011, ICAIS-2011, AILog-2011, ICML-2010 (area chair), ECML/PKDD 2010, IEEE ICDM-2010, ECAI-2010, CIKM-2010, ICCBR-2010, FUZZ-IEEE 2010, PPSN-2010, KSEM-2010 SMPS-2010, ICAART-2010, MRC-2010, FoIKS-2010, IEEE CIBCB 2010, IEA-AIE-2010, ICDM-2010, KES-IDT 2010, SNPD-2010, NMR10-UNC, IICAI-09, IEEE ICDM-2009, ECML/PKDD 2009, ICML-2009, IDA-2009, ICCBR-2009, ICDM-2009, IFSA/EUSFLAT-2009 (track chair), ECSQARU-2009, ISCIS-2009, KI-2009, SUM-2009, MLD-2009, KEOD-2009, CEC-2009, GWEM-ES-2009, MLD-2009, MLRTA-09, WI-2009, ICML-2008, ECML/PKDD-2008, FSKD-2008, GFKL-2008, SUM-2008, DaWak-2008, ECCBR-2008, ICDM-2008, SMPS-2008, MRC-2008, PPSN-2008, CIBCB-2008, ECSQARU-2007, ICCBR-2007, ECML/PKDD-2007, FUZZ-IEEE-2007, SUM-2007, Eusflat-2007, ICNC-FSDK-2007, Eurofuse-2007, NAFIPS-2007, MRC-2007, ECAI-2006, ECML/PKDD-2006, FUZZ-IEEE-2006, ICNC-FSDK-2006, DaWaK-2006, FuzzyDays-2006, ISFUROS-2006, PKDD-2005, ECSQARU-2005, FUZZ-IEEE-2005, FSKD-2005, ICDM 2005 Workshop on Computational Intelligence in Data Mining, FUZZ-IEEE-2004, ICMLC-2004
Co-guest editor of a special issue of the Machine Learning journal on "Preference Learning and Ranking", co-guest editor of a special issue of the ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE JOURNAL on "Representing, Learning, and Processing Preferences: Theoretical and Practical Challenges", guest editor of a FUZZY SETS AND SYSTEMS special issue on "Fuzzy Sets in Knowledge Discovery", co-guest editor of a SOFT COMPUTING secial issue on "Soft Computing for Information Mining"