Welcome ...... to the webpages of the Distributed Systems Group at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Marburg, Germany.
Our research interests are twofold. First, we do research in the fields of Parallel and Distributed Systems, Computer & Network Security, and High Performance Computing. Second, we focus on compute- and data-intensive applications in the fields of Image Processing, Multimedia Computing, and Bioinformatics. In particular, current subjects of our work are:
- Cloud Computing Infrastructures
- Secure Virtualized Computing Platforms
- GPU-based High Performance Computing
- Grid and Peer-to-Peer Computing Middleware
- Scientific Workflow Systems
- Energy-aware Data Processing
- Mobile Application Security
- Image and Video Search Engines
- Concept Detection in Images and Videos
- Semantic Search in Multimedia Data
- Content-based Image and Video Retrieval
- Biomedical Image Processing
- Biocomputing Algorithms
- Nico Huber received the "Master Thesis Award" of the "Gesellschaft zur Förderung des Forschungstransfers" (GFFT e.V.) for the best master thesis in 2011/2012 entitled "Festplattenverschlüsselung für Android-Geräte".
- Pablo Graubner received the 3. position in the category "Ideas and Research in the Computer Center" of "Deutscher Rechenzentrumspreis" with his contribution on "Accuracy-aware Data Processing" in 2012.
- Khalid Ballafkir received the "Diploma Thesis Award" of the "Gesellschaft zur Förderung des Forschungstransfers" (GFFT e.V.) for the best diploma thesis in 2010/2011 entitled "Lernen von Konzeptdetektoren mithilfe von Trainingsdaten aus dem World Wide Web"