Service-oriented Distributed Software ArchitecturesProject in the DAAD program "German-Arab / Iranian Higher Education Dialogue"
Keywords: Distributed Systems, Software Architectures
Project SummaryDistributed software systems are currently developed following based on service-oriented architectures to provide software and even hardware components as a service. Services provided by different providers may be connected to realize business processes or complex computations using Grid/Cloud computing. Web services and Grid services (this means Web services based on the Web Service Resource Framework (WSRF)) are crucial technologies for realizing these systems.
Nevertheless, many important aspects have not been sufficiently explored yet: There are only few methods for modeling, designing, developing and testing such systems. Formal methods are needed to prove correctness of these systems and concepts are missing to guarantee robustness and reliability. The distribution, the heterogeneity and the independence of the services pose great demands on the quality of service.
This project tries to establish a cooperation between the Tunisian and Moroccan institutions in the areas of research and teaching. On the one hand, the Tunisian and Moroccan partners will be supported by the German institutions modernize Master- and PhD-programs. This should be reached by joint collaborations and supervision of Tunisian and Moroccan Master and PhD students. On the other hand, joint collaborations should be established with respect to the research topics mentioned above.
- Establish a German-Tunisian/Moroccan cooperation network in teaching and resesarch focusing on Distributed Systems
- Modernize teaching courses at the Tunisian and Moroccan universities
- Improve of quality of Master and PhD programs by joint supervision
- Develop proposals to estalish a joint graduation ("Thèse en cotutelle") between the German and the Tunisian and Moroccan universities
- Establish partnerships between German and Tunisian and Moroccan universities
- Establish cooperation between German and Tunisian and Moroccan scientists and students
- Organize joint events (such as workshops and summer schools) to improve exchange of information between scientists and students and establish joint projects and cooperations
- Establish student exchanges from the Tunisian and Moroccan universities to the German project partners
Contact: Matthias Schmidt
This project is funded by: