The equipment of the Marburg astronomy group consits of small mobile instruments, which are suitable for getting good praxis in astronomical observations and measurements for smaller projects and theses.
- Boren-Simon flat-field astrograph, diameter 200 mm, f/3.6
- cooled 8 megapixel astro-CCD
- Johnson-Cousins and SDSS filter sets
- f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain, diameter 200 mm
- LHIRES III spectrometer, several gratings, resolution power up to 18000, Shelyak Instruments
By the way: the observatory is called "Diogenes Observatory", because the mount is protected against rain and storm by a barrel.