Jameel Education Foundation Scholarship Fund Program
Scholarship opportunities for doctoral candidates from countries in the Arab region (citizenship and residence) in the natural sciences, business administration and economics, and education
Supporting young scholars is one of the University of Marburg's declared objectives. The university advocates the preparation of young scientists for their work in research and teaching.
Jameel Education Foundation supports the University of Marburg in awarding scholarships for doctoral work in the natural sciences, business administration and economics, and education.
Applicants from the following countries can be considered:
Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen (citizenship and residence)
Doctoral projects that deal with the following themes will receive extra consideration for funding:
1. Phytopharmacy and Phytomedicine with topics in Pharmacology (Antiinflammation, Immunology, Neuroprotection / -degeneration)
2. Analytics and Structure-activity relationship
3. Drug Development (extracts, dosage forms, therapeutic systems (e.g. transdermal)
Doctoral projects that deal with other themes may also receive funding. Only those research projects with relevance for the development of the home country of the applicant will be considered for funding.
Please note that the proposed research projects must match the research profiles of the relevant departments of biology, chemistry, geography, mathematics and computer science, medicine, pharmacy, physics, business administration and economics, and education at University of Marburg.
Terms and conditions
Scholarship period: three years
Amount of scholarship: € 1,340 per month plus, where applicable, a family allowance, language course costs, and a set research allowance
Planned commencement of studies: November 2020 (winter semester 2020/21)
Application deadline: 31 March 2020
- Applicants must hold a citizenship from one of the above listed countries and should currently reside in that country. They must be able to demonstrate their willingness to return to their home country.
- Applicants must hold an academic qualification equivalent to a German university degree and fulfill the requirements for admission to doctoral candidacy at the respective department of University of Marburg.
- English language skills: Please note that the test result may not be older than two years
o TOEFL©IBT score: at least 80 (Internet Based Test)
o IELTS© Academic score: at least Band 6
- German language skills are not required at the time of application. Candidates are, however, expected to be willing to learn German after their arrival.
- Please complete this application form. After successful completion, you will receive a confirmation by Email with further information about the registration at the application portal Mobility-Online. Please upload all required documents directly at the portal Mobility-Online. Please do not send documents by Email.
- The following documents must be uploaded to the application portal Mobility-Online:
- Bachelor transcript and degree certificate (English or original language document with a certified English translation)
- Master or Diploma transcript and degree certificate (see above)
- Proof of language proficiency (TOEFL© or IELTS© test score)
- Academic curriculum vitae (in tabular form, no more than 2 pages)
- Personal information, address, main areas of research, description of academic career to date, academic prizes and publication list if applicable
- Two letters of recommendation from university professors (written in English)
- Statement of Purpose directed to the Foundation (no more than 2 pages)
- Motivation for pursuing a doctoral degree at University of Marburg, highlighting personal strengths
- Reasons why you are applying for a Jameel Scholarship and the relevance of your proposed research project for your home country’s development
- Doctoral project summary in English (one page, no more than 450 words)
- Doctoral project description (5-10 pages) including a work and time schedule and a statement on how the proposed project matches the research profile at University of Marburg; bibliography
Please note that your application will only be processed if the above application documents have been received by the application deadline. Applications that do not fulfill the formal requirements listed above will not be processed.