Main Content

Foreign Language Skills at Level A2 of the "Common European Framework of Reference for Languages of the Council of Europe"

School reports

The foreign language must be documented over at least one year.

University certificates or certificates from other higher education institutions

The foreign language must be documented over at least 1 year at a higher education institution. 


  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 3.0, 3.5
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
    • TOEFL iBT: 42 - 30
    • TOEFL PBT: 459 - 337 
    • TOEFL ITP Level 1: 459 - 337
  • Cambridge English Language Assessment: Cambridge Key English Test (KET)
  • Pearson PTE Academic: 42 - 30
  • Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC)
    • TOEIC Listening and Reading Test: 549 - 225
    • TOEIC Speaking Test: 119 - 90
    • TOEIC Writing Test: 119 - 70
    • TOEIC Bridge Test: 169 - 134
  • telc: telc A2-certificate
  • NIcert: UNIcert basis
  • Cambridge IGCSE
    • IGCSE 1st Language: on average A2
    • IGCSE 2nd Language: on average A2 


  • Diplôme d'Études en Langue Française (DELF) certificate: DELF A2


  • Certificazione di competenza di italiano come lingua straniera (CILS): Level A2

All languages

  • The European Language Certificates (TELC): Level A2
  • Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE): Level 1
  • Documentation of successfully completed adult education course which meets the corresponding level: Level 2A
  • Specialist assessment or lecturer examination of language skills acquired by living abroad, university language courses or self-study: Level A2


For Masters applications: The DI code for uni assist e.V. is 2727