Main Content

Foreign Language Skills at Level B2 of the "Common European Framework of Reference for Languages of the Council of Europe"

Foreign language skills are evidenced by school reports, university certificates or language certificates.

School Reports

The foreign language must be documented over at least 5 years, up to the degree which entitles university entrance. Please upload the last 5 years' school reports at the application process at uni-assist.

Students who have learned English for the last 4 years before receiving their school leaving certificate also have an English level of B2, please provide proof.

Instead of all 5 certificates, you can also upload a document issued by your school that states the duration of your studies of the English language at school.

University Certificates or Certificates from other Higher Education Institutions

The foreign language must have been the primary language of instruction at the university (or study program) or at a higher education institution over at least two years. Please upload prooving certificates at the application process at uni-assist.

Language Certificates 

International English Language Testing System (IELTS 5.5, 6.0, 6.5
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
TOEFL iBT 72 - 94
TOEFL PBT 543 - 626
TOEFL ITP Level 1 543 - 626
Cambridge English Language Assessmen Cambridge Preliminary English Test + Result Distinction (PET)
Cambridge First Certificate in English + Grade B or C (FCE)
Cambridge English:
Business Vantage (BEC Vantage)
Cambridge English: Legal (ILEC)
Cambridge English: Financial (ICFE)
Pearson PTE Academic 59 - 75
Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC)
TOEIC Listening and Reading Test 785 - 944
TOEIC Speaking Test 160 - 179
TOEIC Writing Test 150 - 179
telc telc B2-certificat
UNIcert UNIcert II
Cambridge IGCS
IGCSE 1st Language on average B2
IGCSE 2nd Language on average B2
Diplôme d’Études en Langue Française (DELF) certificate Level B2
Diplomas de Español como Lengua Extranjera (DELE) B2, formerly "Nivel Intermedio"
Certificazione di competenza di italiano come lingua straniera (CILS) Level 2
All languages  
UNIcert Level stage II
The European Language Certificates (TELC) Level B2
Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE) Level 3
Specialist assessment or lecturer examination of language skills acquired by living abroad, university language courses or self-study. Level B2

Other certificates are examined individually.

For Masters applications: The DI code for uni assist e.V. is 2727