Soziologie / Sociology (Bachelor of Arts)
Program: Soziologie / Sociology
Degree: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Program length: 6 semesters / 3 years (180 ECTS points)
The Sociology Bachelor's program represents the first professionally qualifying degree with a sociological profile. It distinctly focuses on an education that qualifies students less as scientific mediators between research and practice, but rather more so as users of sociological and social sciences knowledge. Occupational relevance predominates here over scientific theory development or research.
The six-semester program comprises:
- a fundamental sociological education;
- qualification in sociological theories, which are taught with application relevance in specific occupational fields;
- qualification for sociological analysis and processing of specific social problems and issues, as well as conflict analysis and conflict handling;
- a major topic in practice-based methods training, which particularly meets the requirements of the job market in the field of specific, sought-after occupational fields in consulting roles, as an assistant, project manager or advisor;
- international connectivity of the instruction content, which enables and encourages professional orientation beyond national borders.
The major topics in the bachelor's program are in the fields of:
- Sociological Theories,
- Social Structure Analysis and
- Theories and Methods of Empirical Social Research.
The Bachelor's program qualifies you for a variety of professional fields depending on your individual interest, major topic specialization and practical experience, such as:
- Human resources planning and human resources and organizational development
- Social research and market and opinion research
- Media and public relations work
- Development policy and development collaboration,
- Academic career in research and teaching through an MA program and a doctorate.
These professional fields can be found in the public and private sector, and in association work and in organizations of political, social and cultural interest representation. Depending on the degree, you can work in project planning and management, administration, research or consulting.
Education certificates General higher education entrance qualification, subject-related higher education entrance qualification, technical college entrance qualification or master’s certificate and comparable certificates from advanced professional training or professional qualifications Certifications of program-specific knowledge and skills to be submitted prior to admission German Skills:
other language Skills:
English skills at Level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
If the required English language skills can only be certified at level A2, instead of Level B1, upon application for study, admission is possible with the condition that Level B 1 is certified by re-registration for the third semester.
Restricted admission None
Technical questions about your application
Content-related questions about the program
Formal questions about your application
Tel.: +49 6421/28 22222
Tel.: +49 6421/28 22222
Office hours: Mondays - Fridays 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Central European Time)