Application and Registration
Information for incoming Erasmus-students
Please read the following instructions carefully!
- Complete and print the online application. You and your home institution's Erasmus coordinator must sign it and send it to our European Office. Within the application you'll find registration forms for the pre-semester language courses and reserving a student room in one of our student halls.
Deadline for applications: July 15th (Fall/Winter) and January 15th (Spring/Summer)
In addition to your online application, you have to upload several documents, e.g. a language certificate. The requirements may differ depending on your chosen department. For questions please contact your departmental coordinator.
- Complete your Learning Agreement, sign it and have it signed by your home institution's Erasmus coordinator(s). Then send it to our Europaen Office. Please note that the course catalogue will be updated in mid-June (for Fall/Winter) and mid-January (for Spring/Summer). Accordingly, Learning Agreements should be done after these dates.
- You will receive the official registration letter in July (for Fall/Winter term) or January (for Spring/Summer term). The registration letter contains your student's registration number (Matrikelnummer) which is needed to activate your student's internet-account(more information). You will need this account to register for courses.
- Register online for courses. If, at the end of your stay, you'll need a Transcript of Records, you'll have to complete a separate course list (Belegliste). Please follow the instructions on how to get a Transcript of Records.
- We advise you to take part in the orientation programme and to apply for the pre-semester language course.
Academic calendar for exchange students:
- Beginning of September: Orientation programme for participants of pre-session language course and beginning of language course
- Beginning of October: Orientation programme for students not taking part in the pre-semester language course
- Mid-October - mid-/end of February: Lecture time and exam period
- End of February - mid-April: no lectures
- Beginning of March: Orientation programme for participants of pre-semester language course and beginning of language course
- Beginning of April: Orientation programme for students not taking part in the pre-semester language course
- Mid-April - mid-/end of July: Lecture time and exam period
- End of July - mid-October: no lectures