Main Content

For Erasmus Partnercountries students - Learning Agreement/ Transcript of Records

Bild: COLOURBOX47463121

Definition of terms:

  • What is a digital Learning Agreement?

    The Learning Agreement lists the courses you will be taking at Philipps-Universität Marburg and plan to receive credits for at your home university. The Transcript of Records is based on the Learning Agreement or your changes to the Learning Agreement, i.e. without a Learning Agreement you will not receive a Transcript of Records! The Learning Agreement must be created in Mobility Online, printed out and signed by you, your home university and your ECTS coordinator at the department in Marburg. After you have received all signatures, upload your Learning Agreement again in Mobility Online.

  • What is a Transcript of Records?

    The Transcript of Records is based on the courses in your Learning Agreement or the changes to your Learning Agreement and is the official document for the recognition of your ECTS by Philipps-Universität. You and your university will receive the transcript by email. Each student receives a single transcript at the end of the stay, i.e. if you stay in Marburg for two semesters, you will receive the document at the end of the second semester.

    (For exceptions see "Are you studying two semesters at Philipps-Universität Marburg?)

How do I obtain my Transcript of Records?

Do you need a Transcript of Records at the end of your exchange program? If so, follow these steps:

Your tasks

  • 1. Before courses start

    Please create your Learning Agreement before your arrival in Marburg. The Learning Agreement is an overview of the courses you would like to take - both in the departments and at the Language Centre of Philipps-Universität Marburg. Please discuss the courses in advance with the departmental coordinator of your degree programme at Philipps-Universität Marburg and then enter all courses into your Learning Agreement.

  • 2. During the semester

    Please make sure that your Learning Agreement is up-to-date after the start of the semester. If you want to make changes to your Learning Agreement, please do this digitally. Follow the same procedure as for the original Learning Agreement. You have 4 weeks after the start of the semester to submit your changes. Your Transcript of Records will now be based on the courses included in the changes to your Learning Agreement.

  • 3. At the end of courses

    At the end of a course, ask your instructor to notify the departmental coordinator immediately about your participation and grade.

    The list of department coordinators can be found here.

Our tasks


  • A Transcript of Records cannot be generated without a learning agreement or changes to the digital learning agreement!
  • Please do not forget to add the language courses that you are taking at the Language Center of Philipps-Universität Marburg. 
  • Please enter all course details carefully and correctly on your Learning Agreement. You may not change the number of ECTS points. Only use the course details as recorded in the course catalogue. ECTS details that you have changed will not be accepted.

Will you be studying two semesters at Philipps-Universität Marburg?

Exchange students who are planning to study for two semesters while enrolled in the same program at Philipps-Universität Marburg:

  • Create a new Learning Agreement for your second semester in Marburg.
  • You will receive the Transcript of Records at the end of your stay. If you study in Marburg for two semesters, you will receive a single document at the end of the second semester.   
  • Exception: If you study over two academic years (summer semester + winter semester) at the University of Marburg, you have to create a new Learning Agreement in Mobility Online for each application. Thus, you will receive two Transcript of Records. One after the first and one after the second semester.

Exchange students who study two semesters but with two different programmes at Philipps-Universität, for example, the first semester with one programme (e.g. Erasmus+) and the second semester as a freemover:

You will receive two Transcripts of Records. One after the first and one after the second semester.              

Please note! If you change the program the second semester (you are Erasmus+Partnerländer in the first semester and in the second semester you are e.g. Freemover), please read carefully the information on the website for e.g. Freemover students, because the transcript procedure is different. 
For questions about the Transcript of Records please contact the International Office (Mrs. Elisa Saresera).
For questions about the courses and the course registration, please contact your departmental coordinator.