Theorieansätze & Analysefokus
Digitale Transformation im Gesundheitswesen
Tobias Schmidt-Logenthiran, M.Sc.
Facilitating Learning in Corporate Accelerator Programs
Dissertation Topic: Making Sense of Corporate Accelerators: Exploring Exploration in German Corporate Accelerator Programs
- Associated research applies a tool focused strategy-as-practice perspective on practices enabling incumbents' explorative learning in the context of Corporate Accelerator Programs and connects to current discussions of organizational identity and prospective sensemaking.
- Currently, the dissertation project focuses on the Intra-Face of a Corporate Accelerator Program and its sponsoring Legacy Company. In particular, a deeper understanding of the observable behavior of the Legacy Company Representatives and their learning processes is an objective of this subproject. Corporate Accelerator Programs create (virtual) socio-material settings in which situational learning can take place and where sensemaking practices constitute the explorative potential of Corporate Accelerator Programs.
Wirkung von Patenten im Pflanzenbau
Aylish Dietrich, M.Sc.
- Welfare effects of intellectual property (IP) protection
- Impact on various stakeholders (large agribusiness/chemical corporations, small and medium size plant breeders, farmers and consumers) of the emergence of patents on plant related products and technologies
- Economic implication of overlapping IP protection mechanisms
- Increasing overlap between plant variety protection and patents in the plant breeding sector
- Economic impact of uncertainty in legal and regulatory frameworks
- Evolving IP laws and health and safety regulations applicable to the plant breeding sector (patentability of plants & scope of GMO bans in Europe)
- Innovation process implications of technological disruptions
- Transition from conventional breeding methods to biotech powered breeding (e.g. mutagenesis, marker-assisted…)
- New Breeding Techniques (NBT) impact on novel plant variety creations (major acceleration of the innovation process, changes in capital intensity & structural changes in relevant knowledge bases)
- Economic impact of NBTs in the seed industry
- Industry concentration issues, lowering of market entrance barriers, emergence of pure IP players in the field (e.g. biotech start-ups), new challenges regarding R&D ROI
Entrepreneurship and Management Skills
Yomna AbouOmar, M.Sc.
- Corporate venturing, discussing the activities and characteristics of the concept within established companies providing new insights in both the academic and practical field
- Heterogeneity and the strategic dimension of CV activities
- Design of integrated accelerator programs and efficient knowledge transfer mechanisms