Theorieansätze & Analysefokus
Digitale Transformation im Gesundheitswesen
Tobias Schmidt-Logenthiran, M.Sc.
Facilitating Learning in Corporate Accelerator Programs
Dissertation Topic: Making Sense of Corporate Accelerators: Exploring Exploration in German Corporate Accelerator Programs
- Associated research applies a tool focused strategy-as-practice perspective on practices enabling incumbents' explorative learning in the context of Corporate Accelerator Programs and connects to current discussions of organizational identity and prospective sensemaking.
- Currently, the dissertation project focuses on the Intra-Face of a Corporate Accelerator Program and its sponsoring Legacy Company. In particular, a deeper understanding of the observable behavior of the Legacy Company Representatives and their learning processes is an objective of this subproject. Corporate Accelerator Programs create (virtual) socio-material settings in which situational learning can take place and where sensemaking practices constitute the explorative potential of Corporate Accelerator Programs.
The Economic Impact of the Legal and Regulatory Framework on Plant Innovations in Europe
Aylish Dietrich, M.Sc.
- Welfare effects of intellectual property (IP) protection
- Impact on various stakeholders (large agribusiness/chemical companies, small and medium size plant breeders, farmers and consumers) of the emergence of patents on plant-related inventions
- Economic implications of overlapping IP protection mechanisms
- Increasing overlap between plant variety protection and patents in the plant breeding sector
- Economic impact of uncertainty in legal and regulatory frameworks
- Evolving IP laws and health and safety regulations applicable to the plant breeding sector
- Innovation process implications of technological disruptions
- Transition from conventional breeding methods to biotech powered breeding (e.g. mutagenesis, marker-assisted…)
- New Breeding Techniques' (NBTs) impact on novel plant variety creations (major acceleration of the innovation process, changes in capital intensity and structural changes in relevant knowledge bases)
- Economic impact of NBTs in the seed industry
- Industry concentration issues, lowering of market entrance barriers, emergence of pure IP players in the field (e.g. biotech start-ups), new challenges regarding R&D and return on investment
Entrepreneurship and Management Skills
Yomna AbouOmar, M.Sc.
- Corporate venturing, discussing the activities and characteristics of the concept within established companies providing new insights in both the academic and practical field
- Heterogeneity and the strategic dimension of CV activities
- Design of integrated accelerator programs and efficient knowledge transfer mechanisms
Organisationale Ambidextrie und Interkulturelles Management
Lucas Müller, M. Sc.
- Ambidextriestrategien etablierter Organisationen im internationalen Vergleich
- Einfluss nationaler Kultur auf die Wahl spezieller Ambidextrieformen