Project Management for Scientists
25. März 2019 09:00 – 26. März 2019 17:00
Philipps-Universität Marburg, MARA, F|05, Deutschhausstraße 11+13, 1st floor, seminar room 01.0010
The aim of this course is to convey methodical knowledge of effective project planning and project implementation in an academic environment. This highly interactive workshop will give you an opportunity to build your understanding, skills, and confidence in project management and trains you to
- consider alternative perspectives (from your supervisor, coworkers, etc.),
- understand system dynamics and the complexity of issues and actors, and
- work toward constructive outcomes through collaborative processes in science.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- You will be able to apply project management tools, such as PISPAR, and define SMART goals.
- You will be able to plan one of the most important projects: your career!
- You will be familiar with techniques in self- and time management.
- You will understand roles, functions, and responsibilities in teams.
- You will know how to integrate an intercultural dimension into your interdisciplinary research and work.
- You will be able to communicate effectively in your management processes (e.g., by giving feedback, engaging in active listening).
Interactive lectures, Q&A sessions, single and group work on your actual projects, simulations, activities, and games
Please not that this is not an English language course. Proficiency in English at the B2 level of competency is required.
March 25, 2019, 9 am–5 pm, and
March 26, 2019, 9 am–5 pm
Doctoral candidates and postdocs from all disciplines
At firstname.lastname@example.org, deadline March 11, 2019
We kindly ask you to confirm your registration to make it binding. You may cancel your registration up to twelve days before the beginning of the course without providing specific reasons. Thereafter, you will be required to pay the attendance fee even if you do not attend the course.
Dr. Alexander Schiller, www.schillermertens.de
MArburg University Research Academy (MARA)
Doctoral Program for Life and Natural Sciences