Eligibility assessment process - International Business Management (Double Degree) (MS)
Documents to be submitted
- Application for admission (online application of the online application portal)
- Certification of a degree from a subject-relevant bachelor's program in "Economics" or a comparable domestic or foreign qualifying university diploma.
- Certification of fundamental economic knowledge in the economic major topic, and methodology competencies (e.g. Transcript of Records)
- Certification of skills in the English language at Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages of the Council of Europe
- Certification of skills in the French language at Level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages of the Council of Europe
- Tabular resume
- An approx. 2 DIN A4 page letter of interest
- Certifications for the suitability reasons indicated under No. 7, as applicable.
Criteria for personal disciplinary suitability
Personal disciplinary suitability is evaluated based on the submitted documents, according to the following criteria. A total of up to 10 suitability points can be achieved.
- Up to 4 suitability points are assigned for the final grade point average or, if the final grade point average should not be available, a submitted, calculated average grade on the basis of at least 80% of the credit points required for the bachelor's degree, according to the following key:
Grade 0.7 – 1.3 (15.0 – 13.0 grade points) => 4 points
Grade 1.4 – 1.9 (12.9 – 11.3 grade points) => 3 points
Grade 2.0 – 2.5 (11.2 – 9.5 grade points) => 2 points
Grade 2.6 – 2.8 (9.4 – 8.6 grade points )=> 1 point
(grade scale according to §28 of the general terms of the Philipp University of Marburg)
- Training in the field of management
A maximum of 2 points can be achieved. These points are comprised of:
Credit points in the field of management and acquired professional experience. The number of credit points in the field of management results in a maximum of 1 point; 1 point can be assigned for acquired professional experience.
Number of credit points in the field of management. Only credit points from advanced courses are considered (including the degree module, insofar as this achievement is already available), but not basic courses. Points are assigned as follows: 12 or more credit points = 1 point
Professional experience is defined as professional experience of at least three months that is compatible with and acquired in addition to the bachelor's program. Internships and work study jobs, including after the program, are considered.
- Up to 2 additional suitability points are assigned for credit points in methods:
If more than 15 credit points were acquired in the fields of Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Econometrics or Empirical Economic Research, additional suitability points are assigned for the method competencies as follows:
20 or more credit points = 2 points
16 to 19 credit points = 1 point
- A max. of 1 suitability point is assigned for the letter of interest:
In the letter of interest and accompanying resume, the applicant should present his/her disciplinary and personal suitability and explain his/her interest in commencing a Master of Science study program in "International Business Management."
- A max. of 1 suitability point is assigned for study abroad: study abroad means at least a one-semester study. A mere abroad is not recognized.
Applicants who have earned at least 7 suitability points in the eligibility assessment procedure are considered suitable.