Main Content

Support fund for women scientists with family responsibilities

Even though the performance of family tasks, such as raising children and caring for dependents, is increasingly performed by all genders/sexes today, professional reality shows that it is still predominantly women who take on these activities.

Particularly in the academic world, the performance of family duties in many cases means that the triple burden of family obligations, academic activities and one’s own qualification slows down and impedes career advancement. The Gender Equality Office at Philipps-Universität Marburg therefore announces the “Support Fund for Women Scientists with Family Responsibilities” Through this fund, women scientists in the qualification phase (PhD or Postdocs) can apply for the financing of a student assistant who takes over supporting activities in the office or laboratory to ease up their workload. In addition, women scholarship holders should have the opportunity to apply for the provision of  home office equipment to be able to better balance academic work with family responsibilities.

Eligible to apply are women doctoral students and postdocs at Philipps-Universität Marburg, who are either temporarily employed at the university and do not have their own staff or material budget or who have a scholarship and are enrolled/supervised at Philipps-Universität Marburg. The maximum funding amount is equal to the cost of a graduate student assistant for a period of 6 months (30 h/month). In the case of an application to equip a home office, the funding is limited to a maximum of EUR 1,500. The funding measures must still begin in 2023 but can extend into the following year. Funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to all eligible applications.

Please apply using the following application form (GER).

In addition to some brief information about yourself, your academic activities and the extent of your family commitments, please describe the measure you are applying for (for example the designated tasks of the student assistant or the home office equipment ).

In addition, we require the following documents from you, depending on the funding application:

  • A copy of your employment contract
  • The consent of an accounting unit supervisor (e.g. professor) who agrees to run the student assistant through their own state accounting unit (Landeskostenstelle).


  • A copy of the letter of approval from the scholarship provider
  • A copy of the enrollment certificate/letter certifying your association with Philipps-Universität Marburg

As well as

  • A copy of your child’s birth certificate


  • Documents that prove your caregiving duties

Please send the completed application form as well as the other documents as a PDF file to: