R Basics — Statistical Data Analysis
28. April 2018 09:00 – 28. April 2018 17:00
Philipps-Universität Marburg, MARA, F|05, Deutschhausstraße 11+13, 1st floor, seminar room 01.0010
R has become one of the most popular statistical programming and data visualization environments in academia and beyond. In this workshop, you will learn the basic usage and syntax of R.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- You are able to read and handle data.
- You know how to build standard visualizations such as histograms or scatter plots.
- You are able to apply basic statistical methods on your data, e.g. t-tests, regression analysis, ANOVA.
- You know how to interpret and re-use the results from your analyses.
- You have an overview of statistical programming techniques and extension packages on specific methods and visualization techniques, which might be applicable for your own work.
Trainer input, discussion, practical exercises and hands-on tutorials
You are requested to bring a laptop with R installed for use in the workshop. We suggest downloading an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) tailored to R for this purpose. One such IDE which is available for multiple platforms is RStudio. It can be downloaded at no cost from
Please note that this is not an English language course. Proficiency in English at the B2 level of competency is required.
April 28, 2018, 9 am–5 pm
Doctoral candidates from all disciplines with little or no prior experience using R
At email@example.com, deadline April 13, 2018
We kindly ask you to confirm your registration to make it binding. You may cancel your registration up to twelve days before the beginning of the course without providing specific reasons. Thereafter, you will be required to pay the attendance fee even if you do not attend the course.
Dr. Matthias Duschl, Dr. Daniel Lee
MArburg University Research Academy (MARA)
Doctoral Program for Life and Natural Sciences