EMF – Leading to Success
In this workshop you will find your individual way of leading people.
25. October 2019 09:00 – 26. October 2019 16:30
Philipps-Universität Marburg, MARA, F|05, Deutschhausstraße 11+13 Seminar room 01.0010
Most people who pursue a career in science will sooner or later rise into a leadership role. As an early career academic, you often work in a team and have to deal with different leadership roles. If you are preparing for a career outside of academia, leading will probably also become part of your daily work. This workshop aims to prepare you for your different roles. We will discuss leadership theories and how they fit with your experience and environment. Dynamic activities during the workshop will briefly put you in leading roles to show you how this feels. Assessments will help you find your personal leadership strengths. On the basis of the insights gained, you will develop your own style of leading that fits your personality and preferences.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- You will be familiar with the most influential leadership theories and their relevance to academic contexts (trainer input, discussion).
- You will have an initial impression of what it means and how it feels to lead (hands-on activities).
- You will be aware of how you witnessed leadership and how that influenced your perception (individual and group work).
- You will know what leadership style suits you and how to use this style beneficially (individual assessment, trainer input, discussion).
- You will possess an individual toolbox of leadership techniques that is based on your strengths and values and reflects your personal idea of good leadership (worksheets, portfolio).
Proficiency in English at the B2 level of competency is required.
October 25, 2019, 9 am–4:30 pm, and
October 26, 2019, 9 am–4:30 pm
Doctoral candidates and postdocs from all disciplines
This workshop is part of the certifying program "Designing and Managing Research Projects" (EMF).
Please register via the external database AnWeiVe until October 10, 2019.
Please note that registration is always binding. You may cancel your registration up to twelve days before the course begins without providing specific reasons. Thereafter, you will be required to pay the attendance fee even if you do not attend the course.
Dr. Alexander Egeling
MArburg University Research Academy (MARA)