Main Content

University Entrance Qualification

If your foreign high school diploma or school-leaving certificate entitles you to enroll in a study program at a university in Germany, you either possess a direct or an indirect university entrance qualification.
If you aren’t sure what kind of university entrance qualification you have, please find out from anabin.

If you have an indirect university entrance qualification, you will be required to attend a specialization module (“G,” “M,” “T” or “W”) at the Studienkolleg .

If you have a direct university entrance qualification, then you can immediately start your study program without having to attend the Studienkolleg. However, you must present level-appropriate proof of language proficiency. You can find more information regarding proofs of language proficiency here.