Main Content


Before entering the Federal Republic of Germany, you need to apply for a national visa/student visa at any German embassy or consulate.

It is not possible to convert a Schengen visa into a national visa valid for the Federal Republic of Germany. In order to obtain the visa you will need to submit an admission notice and proof of how you will finance your studies to the embassy or consulate.