Main Content

After admission


Enrollment for a study program

Enrollment deadlines:

You will find deadlines on your admission letter, so please read the admission letter carefully.

Required documents:

Depending on whether you can start your studies directly or not, you will have to submit various documents to enroll and complete the online enrollment. You can find more information on your personal admission letter.

For help with your online enrollment, please have a look at our step-by-step instruction.


Search for accomodation

The International Office of the Philipps-Universität Marburg has compiled information about the search for accomodation. They also developed a brochure with all the information regarding housing in Marburg.

Please beware that it is really hard to find housing in Marburg and you should start searching right after receiving your admission! Should you not be able to find a place to stay before coming to Germany, we recommend not to come to Germany yet. We can then advise you on how to proceed, please contact us.


Suggestion for your appointment at the embassy

For your appointment at the embassy you usually need these documents from the university:

  • Admission letter
  • Registration confirmation German course (if already available)


No visa yet? -  These are your options:

You have been admitted, but you do not have a visa yet?

There are two ways we can help you now.

  1. If certain requirements are met, we can transfer your admission to the next semester.This makes sense when you can start directly with your studies because you have all the requirements needed, but you cannot come to Germany before classes start.
    • We cannot transfer your admission when you applied for a restricted study program. Transfer is also not possible when the study program is offered only at the winter semester and you want to transfer it to the summer semester that follows.
  2. Alternatively, we can enroll you. This makes sense when you received a conditional admission and you have to learn German first. German classes are offered more often during one semester, so you can start at a later date, too. Beware: You still have to pay the full semester contribution! German classes have to be registered for seperately and cost extra.


Support services for a good start in Marburg

International Office Orientation Program

Orientation Programs of the departments (OE)

PlanForSucess (Workshops)

Life at Marburg

Studying at Philipps-Universität Marburg with Special Needs

Studentenwerk Marburg (Mensa, Wohnen, U Card)


Useful Videos for Marvin

The playlist 'Philipps Tips' provides you with instructions and explanations for our campus management system Marvin