Direkt zum Inhalt
Bannergrafik (Univ.)


Application for a first semester in an undergraduate study program with a foreign school leaving certificate



Most people who obtained their school leaving certificate (which enables them to study in a university in their home country) have to apply via uni-assist. However, there are some exceptions:


Who does not have to apply via uni-assist?
(If you speak German, please read the German version of this text)

  • Citizens of a member state of the European Union, Liechtenstein, Norway or Iceland or prospective students with a German “Abitur”, who would like to study Medicine, Dentistry or Pharmacy. Please apply via http://www.hochschulstart.de/.
  • Prospective students that would like to apply for a higher semester. Closer information is provided in German language only: http://www.uni-marburg.de/studium/bewerbung/bewerbhoeherefach. http://www.uni-marburg.de/studium/bewerbung/bewerbhoeherefach.
  • Everyone who is interested in international exchange programs or PhD programs. Please contact the International Office: http://www.uni-marburg.de/international.

If you already know that you have to attend the classes of a Studienkolleg before you can start to study or if you would like to be enrolled for German language classes before your studies, you still have to apply for the subject that you would like to study later on. Uni-assist evaluates your application and then forwards it to the Philipps-Universität Marburg if you meet our requirements.


Application Deadlines

Please hand in your complete application before the application deadline ends. Otherwise it will not be considered. Below (4) „Sending the documents to uni-assist“ you can find a list of the documents needed. We recommend you to send the documents about six weeks prior to the end of the deadline, so there will still be some time for queries.

Application deadlines for our undergraduate study programs
  • Summer semester: until January 15th
  • Winter semester: until July 15th

Application deadlines for those, who have to pass the “Feststellungsprüfung” at the Studienkolleg

  • Summer semester: until October 15th
  • Winter semester: until April 15th


4 steps for you application via uni-assist


1) Create an online application


2) Online application
  • Answer the basic questions, choose a study program and create an application.
  • Please submit your application form electronically.
  • Afterwards you have to print and sign the application form. If you would like to apply for several study subjects, you have to print and sign the form for each of them.


3) Paying the handling fees
  • The handling fees for an application via uni-assist amount 75,- € for the first university. The fees for each additional application to a further university within the same semester are 15,- €.
  • Here you can find information about how you can transfer the handling fees: http://www.uni-assist.de/methods-payment.html .


4) Sending the application to uni-assist

Please send your documents to this address: Philipps-Universität Marburg, c/o UNI-ASSIST e. V., D-11507 Berlin.
The following documents should be included in your application:

  • The signed application form for the study subject that you would like to study
  • Your school leaving certificate, which enables you to study in your home country. If you already started a study program in your home country, please add certificates or transcripts that you have received so far Studiums http://www.uni-assist.de/wissenswertes.html.
  • A proof of your proficiency in German.
  • A proof of your proficiency of other languages and skills, if this is required for your desired study program (Please have a look at the website of the study program).
  • A copy of your passport.
  • A proof of your payment of the handling fees (see step 3).

School leaving certificates, overviews of grades and other certificates have to be handed in as officially authenticated copies. We accept documents in German or English language. Documents written in other languages have to be translated by a sworn translator.


What happens after I applied via uni-assist?

  • The evaluation of your documents may take up to six weeks. The current processing times of uni-assist are published here: : http://www.uni-assist.de/news.html.
  • If you fulfill all formal requirements, uni-assist will forward your application to us. Uni-assist informs you about this step via e-mail.
  • After uni-assist has forwarded your application, you will receive a letter of admission with further information or a letter of rejection from the University of Marburg.
  • With a letter of admission you can request a visa. Some embassies also accept the e-mail from uni-assist, confirming your application.
  • If you do not meet the formal requirements, you will also get an e-mail from uni-assist. Uni-assist cannot send your documents back. You may apply again for the next semester.
  • If you receive a letter of admission from the University of Marburg, but do not enroll, you have to reapply via uni-assist for the next semester.



Philipps-Universität Marburg
Dezernat III Studium und Lehre
Biegenstraße 10, Room 02010 und 02011


Further Information (mostly in German)


Zuletzt aktualisiert: 12.10.2016 · Christopher Moss

Philipps-Universität Marburg

Philipps-Universität Marburg – Dezernat III, Biegenstraße 10, 35032 Marburg
Tel. +49 6421 28-26146, Fax +49 6421 28-26211, E-Mail: dezernat3@verwaltung.uni-marburg.de

Facebook-Logo Twitter-Logo YouTube-Logo

URL dieser Seite: https://www.uni-marburg.de/studium-en/raa-en/bwerberinternat/uniassist

Impressum | Datenschutz