Improve your skills for presenting and discussing scientific findings.
Ort: Philipps-Univeristät Marburg, MARA, Seminarraum SE030, Deutschhausstraße 11-13
John Kluempers, Ph.D
This workshop focuses on both the presentation of research results and the subsequent discussion. Participants will specifically
• create and present their own presentation in a professional way,
• apply strategies to reach the audience and efficiently transport their contents,
• learn how to deal with questions and contributions that are professionally and/or personally challenging and
• apply different aspects of body language so that they are able to increase their impact as speakers.
Methods and goals
In the course of the workshop, participants will be encouraged to give short presentations in different phases of the work schedule.
In a step-by-step process, they directly apply all content modules (preparation steps, structure, linguistic means, delivery, contact, body language)
• by presenting their own research in a 5-7 minutes slot,
• by analyzing strategies for better performance in small groups and presenting them to the plenary,
• by observing their fellow participants and by giving specific feedback on the respective performances,
• by receiving intense feedback on their own performance with regards to all workshop modules,
• by practicing to meet discussion challenges while showing and maintaining a professional profile.
Participants will be able to transfer contents into their personal work strategies by setting personal goals and designing ways to achieve them.
Since the focus is on personal performance and presentation structure, the design and use of media will only be dealt with in a short slot.
The workshop is designed to be highly intense; therefore, the number of participants will be limited to a maximum of twelve persons.
Interne 50 €
Externe 150 €
04.05.2012 09:00 - 17:00
05.05.2012 09:00 - 17:00
Career Development Program (MARA)
Tel.: 06421 28 21303