Project Management — Effectively Plan and Manage your PhD and Other Research Projects
08. June 2018 10:00 – 09. June 2018 17:00
Philipps-Universität Marburg, MARA, F|05, Deutschhausstraße 11+13, 1st floor, seminar room 01.0010
In this workshop, you will obtain a general understanding of the project management methodology and learn how to apply simple techniques for research project management to your PhD project. We will start with the initiation of a project (defining objectives and risks, clarifying expectations), followed by project planning methods (work breakdown structure, time schedule, communication plan) and controlling methods (monitoring and progress control). In order to approximate your actual work situation, we will pick some of your ongoing PhD projects as case studies, apply project management methods, and discuss typical challenges and possible solutions. The workshop will alternate between trainer input and active team sessions.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- You will have a basic understanding of the general project management approach and basic methods (trainer input).
- You will know how to structure a PhD project and make it more comprehensible to others (trainer input, team session).
- You will be able to develop a rough time schedule for your PhD project (individual work).
- You will know the importance of realistic planning and follow-up (trainer input, team session).
- You will be familiar with methods for improving the communication within the project (trainer input, team session).
Proficiency in English at the B2 level of competency is required.
June 8, 2018, 10 am–6 pm, and
June 9, 2018, 9 am–5 pm
Doctoral candidates from all disciplines
At firstname.lastname@example.org, deadline May 24, 2018
We kindly ask you to confirm your registration to make it binding. You may cancel your registration up to twelve days before the beginning of the course without providing specific reasons.Thereafter, you will be required to pay the attendance fee even if you do not attend the course.
Dr. Sandra Dierig, www.einszeit.de
MArburg University Research Academy (MARA)
Doctoral Program for Life and Natural Sciences