Pursuing a Doctoral Degree in Marburg
We're delighted that you're interested in pursuing a doctoral degree at Philipps-Universität Marburg. We've compiled the following information for you:
- You'll find a general overview of what is involved in pursuing a doctoral degree at Philipps-Universität Marburg, including opportunities for funding and the Mentoring Agreement that you'll be asked to enter into at Philipps-Universität Marburg, on the pages of the Office for Junior Scholars.
- International doctoral candidates can find specific information at the Department of International Affairs and Family Service.
- Here is an overview of the departments at Philipps-Universität Marburg. The departments, their institutes, subdivisions, and research areas that match your research and training background are the places where you can search for a suitable advisor for your dissertation project.
- Philipps-Universität Marburg also offers a number of structured doctoral programs as well as research programs that can be relevant to those interested in pursuing a doctoral degree in terms of providing an alternative option for writing and/or financing their dissertation. There are several research programs at Philipps-Universität Marburg, notably the Research Training Groups funded by the (DFG), as well as structured doctoral programs that may be appealing to prospective doctoral candidates.
- Doctoral degree regulations vary depending on the department at which you would like to complete your doctoral studies. An overview of the doctoral degree regulations at Philipps-Universität Marburg is available on the page Promotionsordnungen. Should you want to complete your doctoral degree in a structured program or in a specific (interdisciplinary) research program, you will need to inquire there about the specific degree regulations that apply.
- Information on matriculation requirements for doctoral studies is available on the page Einschreibung für die Promotion.
- Information on the annual staff reviews is available on the page of the Personnel Development.
- If you are relocating to pursue your doctoral degree at Philipps-Universität Marburg and need support in family matters related to the move, you can contact the university's Family Service. The same applies to all members of the university in matters concerning the balance between career/studies and family. For international doctoral candidates, Philipps-Universität's Welcome Centre is the right place to go.
- Individuals with special needs can contact the university's Special Needs Representative ( ); university staff with special needs can also contact the Officer for Employees with Special Needs ( ).