Registering for German Courses
Registration is done online (in German and English) and starts on Wednesday, 15 April 2020, from 6:00 p.m.
If you need help, you can complete your registration between 6:00 and 6:30 p.m. on that day in the Self-Study Center (room 015) with the help of our student assistants. Please bring your student ID card and your bank card.
- Online registration is only available for members of the university (non-members, please see the information below).
- A valid placement test result is necessary to register for any courses except beginners’ courses.
- Students at Philipps-Universität need a valid matriculation number.
- Course fees are paid by direct debit, for which a European bank account is necessary. Cash payment is not accepted. If you do not have a suitable bank account, you may use a third-party account (e.g. a friend’s) for payment.
How to register online
- Choose a course that corresponds with your placement test result. (The required placement score for each class can be found in each course description on the course program page)
- Click on the green button "KURS BUCHEN" and enter your information. If the button is still gray, please refresh the page (by clicking the icon in your browser or pressing F5). If the button is red, the course is already fully booked. In this case, you can add your email-address to a waiting list. Please use your student- or staff-email account for this.
- After registering successfully, a confirmation of registration will be shown on screen and sent to the email address you provided. Emails are also sent out automatically to people on waiting lists as places become available.
- At this point, there is no action to take with regard to the SEPA direct debit mandate (which is also shown in the registration process). In the first session of your course, your teacher will hand out a printed copy for you to sign and to be passed on to the Service Center. The signed mandate must reach the Service Center no later than after the second class session, or else your registration may be cancelled.
Information for non-UMR members
- If you are neither a student nor a staff member at Philipps-Universität Marburg, registration is possible only at a later point and only if places are not fully booked by members of the university.
- Registration for non-UMR members is done by way of a registration form.
- Submit the completed registration form at the latest by Friday, 9 April, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. You can submit the form in person (Service Center, room 00 024) or send it by email (email@example.com) or fax (+ 49 6421 28 25 157). If there are places left, you will receive the confirmation of registration by email. Since members of the university have priority, the confirmation may reach you at relatively short notice.
Important: Registrations for the course are binding and governed by the Language Center’s terms and conditions, in particular the withdrawal terms stated therein (para. 7-9). For the regulations on obtaining ECTS points, please see General Course Information.