Working Papers on Innovation and Space
- Eberle, J. & P. Boeing (2019): Effects of R&D subsidies on regional economic dynamics: Evidence from Chinese provinces, Vol. 03.19.
- Wardenburg, S. & T. Brenner (2019): The impact of place-based policies on perceived regional living conditions across German labor market regions. Examining the impacts on migration flows., Vol. 02.19.
- Eberle, J. (2019): Regional fiscal equalization in Germany - A simultaneous equation approach to assess the economic effects of fiscal policy, Vol. 01.19.
- Eberle, J., Brenner, T. & T. Mitze (2018): Absorptive capacity, economic freedom and the conditional effects of regional policy, Vol. 03.18.
- Holtermann, L. & C. Hundt (2018): Hierarchically structured determinants and phase-related patterns of economic resilience - An empirical case study for European regions, Vol. 02.18.
- Eberle, J., Brenner, T. & T. Mitze (2018): More publicly funded research, more knowledge spillovers, more economic growth? An empirical analysis for German regions, Vol. 01.18.
- Eberle, J., Brenner, T. & T. Mitze (2017): A look behind the curtain - Measuring the complex economic effects of regional structural funds in Germany, Vol. 03.17.
- Brenner, T. (2017): Identification of Clusters- An Actor-based Approach, Vol. 02.17.
- Pudelko, F. & C. Hundt (2017): Gauging two sides of regional economic resilience in Western Germany – Why resistance and recovery should not be lumped together, Vol. 01.17.
- Von Proff, S. (2016): The predominance of social proximity for innovation collaboration of SME, Vol. 04.16.
- Strambach, S. & G. Pflitsch (2016): Micro-dynamics in regional transition paths to sustainability - an analysis of organizational and institutional change in Augsburg’s transition topology, Vol. 03.16.
- Gong, H. (2016): Places and spaces in the weightless economy, Vol 02.16.
- Eberle J. & T. Brenner (2016): More bucks, more growth, more justice? The effects of regional structural funds on regional economic growth and convergence in Germany, Vol 01.16.
- Ebert T., Brenner T. & U. Brixy (2015): New Firm Survival: The Interdependence between Regional Externalities and Innovativeness, Vol 05.15.
- Brenner T., Capasso M., Duschl M., Frenken K. & T. Treibich (2015): Causal Relations between Knowledge-Intensive Business Services and Regional Employment Growth, Vol 04.15.
- Hesse N. (2015): Students' Career Attitudes - How Entrepreneurial Are Prospective Scientists?, Vol 03.15.
- von Proff S. (2015): How individual characteristics and attitudes shape the job search process of graduates, Vol. 02.15 (revised October 2016).
- Broekel T., Brachert M., Duschl M. & T. Brenner (2015): Joint R&D subsidies, related variety, and regional innovation, Vol. 01.15.
- Stuck J., Broekel T. & J. Revilla (2014): Network Structures in Regional Innovation Systems, Vol. 09.14.
- von Proff S., Duschl M. & T. Brenner (2014): Motives behind the mobility of university graduates – A study of three German universities, Vol. 08.14.
- Brenner, T. & M. Duschl (2014): Modelling Firm and Market Dynamics - A Flexible Model Reproducing Existing Stylized Facts, Vol. 07.14.
- Brenner, T. & D. Lee (2014): Weather Conditions and Economic Growth - Is Productivity Hampered by Climate Change?, Vol. 06.14.
- Brenner, T. (2014): The Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on Economic Growth – An Empirical Analysis of Different Effects in Less and More Developed Countries, Vol. 05.14.
- von Proff S., Lata, R. & T. Brenner (2014): The structure and dynamics of R&D collaborations in Europe and the USA (A longitudinal and comparative perspective), Vol. 04.14.
- Brenner, T. (2014): Science, Innovation and National Growth, Vol. 03.14.
- Santner, D. & D. Fornahl (2014): From here, from there, and from beyond: endogenous and exogenous factors triggering change along the cluster life cycle in a multi-scalar environment, Vol 02.14.
- Duschl, M. (2014): Regional resilience and fat tails: A stochastic analysis of firm growth rate distributions of German regions, Vol. 01.14.
- Sternberg, R. (2013): Collision of lions and butterflies or mutual neglect - outside the Anglo-American domain, too? The publication and citation behaviour of economic geographers and geo-graphical economists compared, Vol. 13.13.
- Duschl, M. & T. Brenner (2013): Growth dynamics in regional systems of technological activities – A SVAR approach, Vol. 12.13.
- Dornbusch, F., von Proff S. & T. Brenner (2013): The organizational and regional determinants of interregional collaborations – Academic inventors as bridging agents, Vol. 11.13.
- Dornbusch, F. & T. Brenner (2013): Universities as local knowledge hubs under different technology regimes – New evidence from academic patenting, Vol. 10.13.
- Scholl, T. & T. Brenner (2013): Optimizing Distance-Based Methods for Big Data Analysis, Vol. 09.13.
- Broekel, T., Rogge, N. & T. Brenner (2013): The innovation efficiency of German regions - a shared-input DEA approach, Vol. 08.13.
- Wanzenböck, I., Scherngell, T. & T. Brenner (2013): Embeddedness of regions in European knowledge networks. A comparative analysis of inter-regional R&D collaborations, co-patents and co-publications, Vol. 07.13.
- Schlump, C. & T. Brenner (2013): Firm's cooperation activities: The relevance of public research, prox-imity and personal ties - A study of technology-oriented firms in East Germany, Vol. 06.13.
- Brenner, T., Emmrich, C. & C. Schlump (2013): Regional Effects of a Cluster-oriented policy measure - The Case of the InnoRegio program in Germany, Vol. 05.13.
- Broekel, T. & M. Hartog (2013): Determinants of cross-regional R&D collaboration networks: an application of exponential random graph models, Vol. 04.13.
- Brenner, T. & C. Schlump (2013): Universities, Public Research and Regional Innovation Output: An Empirical Study of 19 Technologies in Germany, Vol. 03.13.
- Alfken, C., Broekel, T. & R. Sternburg (2013): Factors explaining the spatial agglomeration of the Creative Class - Empirical evidence for German artsts, Vol. 02.13.
- Strambach, S. (2013): Micro-dynamics of knowledge: actors, processes and territorial organization, Vol. 01.13.
- Butzin, A. & Widmaier, B. (2012):The Study of Time-Space Dynamics of Knowledge with Innovation Biographies, Vol. 07.12.
- Duschl, M., Scholl, T., Brenner, T., Luxen, D. & F. Raschke (2012): Industry-specific firm growth and aggolmeration, Vol. 06.12.
- Scholl, T., Brenner, T. & M. Wendel (2012): Evolving localization patterns of company foundations - Evidence from the German MST-industry, Vol. 05.12.
- Strambach, S. & Surmeier, A. (2012): Knowledge Dynamics in Sustainable Standard Setting in Tourism - The case of "Fair Trade in Tourism South Adrica (FTTSA)", Vol. 04.12.
- Dettmann, A., von Proff, S. & Brenner, T. (2012): Co-operation over Distance? The Spatial Dimension of Inter-organisational Innovation Collaboration, Vol. 03.12.
- Scholl, T. & Brenner, T. (2012): Detecting Spatial Clustering Using a Firm-Level Cluster Index, Vol. 02.12.
- Brünjes, J. & Revilla Diez, J. (2012): Opportunity entrepreneurs - potential drivers of non-farm growth in rural Vietnam?, Vol. 01.12.
- Duschl, M. & Brenner, T. (2011): Characteristics of Regional Industry-specific Employment Growth – Empirical Evidence for Germany, Vol 07.11.
- von Proff, Sidonia & Brenner, T. (2011): The Dynamics of Inter-Regional Collaboration – An Analysis of Co-Patenting, Vol 06.11.
- Bhaduri, S. & Brenner, T. (2011): Determinants of drug launch delay in pre-TRIPS India: A survival analysis approach, Vol 05.11.
- Broekel, T., Schimke, A. & Brenner, T. (2011): The effects of cooperative R&D subsidies and subsidized cooperation on employment growth, Vol. 04.11.
- Duschl, M., Schimke, A., Brenner, T. & Luxen, D. (2011): Firm Growth and the Spatial Impact of Geolocated External Factors - Empirical Evidence for German Manufacturing Firms, Vol. 03.11.
- Scholl, T. & Brenner, T. (2011): Testing for Clustering of Industries - Evidence from micro geographic data, Vol. 02.11.
- Strambach, S. & Dieterich, I. (2011): The territorial shaping of knowledge dynamics in Baden-Württemberg Inter-organizational relations in the sectoral knowledge domain of the automotive industry, Vol. 01.11.
- Strambach, S. & Klement, B. (2010): The organisational decomposition of innovation and territorial knowledge dynamics – insights from the German software industry, Vol. 06.10.
- Broekel, T. & R. Boschma (2010): Aviation, Space or Aerospace? Exploring the knowledge networks of two industries in the Netherlands, Vol. 05.10.
- Strambach, S. (2010): Knowledge Commodification and New Patterns of Specialisation - Professionals and Experts in Knowledge-Intensive Business Services (KIBS), Vol. 04.10.
- Dettmann, A. & T. Brenner (2010): Proximity is a Social Process - A Conceptual Framework, Vol. 03.10.
- Brenner, T. & C. Schlump (2010): University Education, Public Research and Employment Growth in Regions – An Empirical Study of Germany, Vol. 02.10.
- Dettmann, A. & S. von Proff (2010): Inventor collaboration over distance – A comparison of academic and corporate patents, Vol. 01.10.
- Von Ledebur, S. (2009): Patent Productivity of German Professors over the Life Cycle, Vol. 03.09.
- Von Ledebur, S. (2009): University-owned patents in West and East Germany and the abolition of the professors' privilege, Vol. 02.09.
- Brenner, T. & T. Broekel (2009): Methodological Issues in Measuring Innovation Performance of Spatial Units, Vol. 01.09.
- Strambach, S. (2008): Path dependecy and path plasticity: the co-evolution of institutions and innovation - the German customized business software industry, Vol. 02.08.
- Brenner, T. & S. von Ledebur (2008): Academic inventors' choice of transfer channels dependent on commercialisation experience - a theoretical model, Vol. 01.08.