Special Reading Room
The special reading room is located on the second floor, west side of the building (show location).
- All books published before 1900
- All books, manuscripts and estate documents stored in the special book stacks
- Maps and other large-format volumes
- All books which for conservation reasons are not suitable for lending or for use in the open access area.
These media are identified in the catalogue by the indication "Can only be used in the special reading room". If you wish to consult them, they will be placed at your disposal there.
Special regulations apply to the special reading room:
- Jackets and bags are not allowed in the special reading room.
- Beverages may not be brought into the special reading room.
- The media you have ordered will only be handed over on production of a valid identification document with photograph.
Opening Hours in the Special Reading Room
Monday to Sunday: 08:00 - 20:00
Tel.: +49 6421 28-25190
Fax: +49 6421 28-26506